16 September 2021
Winners to be announced at UTECH Europe 2021
Twelve ground-breaking products developed by European polyurethane innovators have been short-listed for the new UTECH Europe Awards 2021. Finalists for the three categories of automotive, CASE and innovation range from large multinationals to smaller niche specialists and demonstrate the breadth of applications of polyurethanes technology today.
All the finalists’ entries will be on display at the UTECH Europe exhibition and conference taking place at the MECC in Maastricht from 16 to 18 November, with the winners announced at the first ever UTECH Europe Awards ceremony being held at lunchtime on 17 November.
Finalists in the automotive category are:
• Concentrol, Spain for its Hybrid Release Agent 70:30,
• Huntsman, Belgium for its Ultra-low emission Acoustiflex LE and Rubiflex LE polyurethane-based foam systems for manufacturing of sustainable car interiors, and
• Recticel, Belgium for OBoNature: a product family of flexible foam systems with a large renewable component
Short-listed entries in the CASE sector come from:
• Covestro, Germany for its Bend restrictor powered by CO2-technology for offshore wind farms
• Ingevity, UK for its Capa S Series of innovative polyols for soft applications
• Sika, Switzerland for Sikaflex Pro-3 Purform: a case material designed to make joints in construction applications waterproof.
Six companies are named finalists in the innovation category:
• ALFA Klebstoffe AG Switzerland for its new polychloroprene free adhesive for bonding layers of flexible foam
• Distribution Network of Italy for its Poligen/Isogen Eco line of products for the footwear industry containing renewable raw materials
• Form Sunger, Turkey for its Form Re-polyol product
• Plixxent, Germany for a polyurethane footwear system with a high level of renewable materials
• Vita Group for two innovations: Orbis a commercially available foam made using raw materials from the Renuva mattress recycling programme and Vita Rest Origin made with castor-oil derived polyols.
Revealing the finalists in a livestream event, Brennan Lafferty, Vice President at Crain Communications which organises UTECH Europe said: “It is an honour to celebrate with you the achievements of the European polyurethane industry during some of the toughest times that the industry has faced. These products and projects are a testament to the industry's commitment to drive the use of polyurethane materials into more product niches, to meet the demands of the industry's downstream clients and to rise to the challenge posed by the environment.”
Presentations to the UTECH Hall of Fame inductees and Rising Star Award winners will be made at a ceremony at 1.15pm on 16 November, the first day of UTECH Europe 2021. Six people will be inducted into the UTECH Hall of Fame, which recognises leaders who have made a significant contribution to the polyurethane industry and have spent at least 25 years in the polyurethane industry. The Rising Star Award salutes emerging leaders who are making a difference in today’s marketplace.
The distinguished panel of judges for the inaugural UTECH Europe Awards comprises Michel Baumgartner, Secretary General, Europur; Jörg Palmersheim, Secretary General, Isopa & Alipa; Per Henning Vaagen, General Manager/CEO, Laader Berg; Tony Ryan, Technical Director – UK & Ireland, Kingspan Ltd; Mike Murray, CTO, Vita Group; Ulrich Liman, Senior Vice President, PU Business Unit, Covestro and Grayzyna Mitchener, Director, Polychemtech.
UTECH Europe is uniquely placed as the only truly international exhibition and conference for the polyurethanes industry and typically attracts visitors from over 80 countries around the world. Unique to Europe is the sheer breadth of the applications of polyurethanes technology from automotive interiors, medical devices, textiles, furniture and footwear through to insulation, adhesives and coatings.
Upcoming UTECH Events Calendar
UTECH Europe, MECC, Maastricht, The Netherlands, 16-18 November 2021 https://www.utecheurope.eu
UTECH Middle East/Africa & Polyurethane Expo, Dubai World Trade Centre, 22-24 February 2022 https://mefpu.com
UTECH Southeast Asia, Saigon Exhibition and Convention Centre, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 26-28 April 2022 www.utechseasia.com
UTECH Las Americas, Centro Citibanamex, Mexico City, Mexico, 24-26 May 2022 www.utechlasamericas.com
UTECH Asia, Poly World Trade Centre Expo, 5-7 September 2022 https://www.puchina.eu/2022-guangzhou
Tel: +44 1892 800164
For more information
Debbie Hershfield, Trade Show Director
Tel: +1 330 608 0231