UTECH EUROPE 2021 COVID-19 health & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
(Updated 11 October 2021 and subject to change)
UTECH Europe’s top priority is the health and safety of our visitors, conference delegates, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, press, vendors, and staff supporting the event. In partnership with MECC, UTECH Europe will adhere to all official government and local authority guidance, as well as any venue or location-specific regulations, to ensure we deliver a Covid-safe event in November. Details and guidance for all will appear here as they develop and are subject to change.
All who are in attendance, which includes visitors, exhibitors, conference delegates, speakers, sponsors, press, vendors, and staff, must follow all posted instructions in order to attend UTECH Europe.
COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease, and an inherent risk of exposure exists in any public place where people are present. By attending UTECH Europe, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
- Review and adhere to travel restrictions and guidance issued by the Dutch Government and the country you are travelling from. View the latest updates from the Dutch Government here
From Wednesday 22 September 2021 onwards, fully vaccinated travellers from the United States, United Kingdom, and other "very high-risk" areas, no longer need to go into quarantine. Proof of vaccination and a negative COVID-19 test result are required to enter the Netherlands.
- Ensure you have the documentation needed to enter the MECC Maastricht. Before entering the venue, all attendees to UTECH Europe will simply need to show either:
- proof of full vaccination
- OR negative PCR or recent antigen test
- OR proof that they have recovered from COVID-19 within the past six months
EU citizens can show the NL DCC app to verify their vaccination or negative test. Citizens from outside the EU can bring in their own documentation showing proof of vaccination or recent test. UK citizens can show the NHS COVID Pass via the NHS app. Rapid-result antigen tests (results in 15 minutes) and PCR tests (results in 24 hours) will be available at the MECC and in various locations throughout Maastricht, if needed.
Two Testing Facilities at the MECC:
Both facilities at MECC offer Rapid Antigen test if needed for entering the UTECH Europe show and the PCR test which may be required for travelling. The Rapid Antigen test is free of charge and provides results within 15 minutes. The PCR test has a cost and results are provided within 24 hours. See below for more details and to make reservations in advance.
Rapid Antigen test is free of charge and results are available within 15 minutes
PCR test costs €69.00 (excl. 21% VAT)
Rapid Antigen test is free of charge and results are available within 15 minutes.
PCR test costs €59.95 and results are available within 24 hours.
The following is another resource for making a test appointment in advance:
The test can be booked beginning two weeks in advance via https://www.testenvoortoegang.org/, where you fill out the postal code of the area you want to get tested in, 6229GT for MECC.
VENUE & ACCOMMODATION
Within the venue, MECC is committed to providing everyone a safe environment that aligns with expert protocols to combat COVID-19. These have been developed by in-house and outside experts in food and water safety, hygiene and infection prevention, logistics and operations. The venue has enhanced cleaning and safety standards. MECC will continue to monitor the situation and to improve its processes to ensure that the most up to date standards are met to ensure the health and safety of all within the venue. There will be no requirement for social distancing, and everyone will be able to move freely in the exhibition and conference.
ON-SITE SAFETY MEASURES
- Using masks/face coverings within the venue and enclosed spaces is currently voluntary, although strongly recommended.
- Hand sanitation stations will be provided throughout the exhibition hall in high touch and high traffic areas.
- Cleanliness guidelines will be reviewed daily with staff and leadership.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to maintain a clean environment on their stands.
- MECC has reviewed and enhanced all their cleaning protocols to meet or exceed standards. Public areas, including bathrooms, will be cleaned more frequently.
- Seating and room layout will meet the Dutch government rules and regulations.
- Sessions have been scheduled with breaks to allow the conference theatres to be cleaned frequently.
FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE
- Catering areas will follow current Dutch government guidelines. This may mean food service is restricted to packaged food.
- All catering areas, bars and service staff will have sanitizing stations, gloves, waste bins and dry paper towels.
- All food service staff will wear masks while serving food.
- Updated exhibitor building regulations can be viewed in the exhibitor hub.
View the current venue guidelines
VIEW CURRENT dutch GOVERNMENT TRAVEL GUIDELINES AND CORONAVIRUS UPDATES